In Fall 2020, UConn-AAUP organized the COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist members who had been the most impacted negatively by the virus and awarded approximately $90,000 to provide some relief of extra expenses related to childcare, eldercare, housing, health care or to help off-set a COVID-related loss of income. Two years since the start of the pandemic, the health, economic, and social impacts of COVID-19 continue to impact faculty and athletic personnel at UConn and to exacerbate existing social and economic inequities among UConn-AAUP members.
Therefore, this semester we are once again offering financial support to our members. To prioritize support for those in greatest need, funds will be distributed on a point system based on annual salary and length of service.
|< 2 years||1|
Funds will be distributed in checks from UConn-AAUP to each faculty member. The amount provided per member will be between $300 and $500 until all funds are depleted
- All UConn-AAUP members in good standing as of March 1, 2022
- Annual salary of less than $90,000
- One award per family
- Completed application and W-9 Form
- Child care recipients are eligible for this award
- Members who received the Fall, 2020 and/or the Spring, 2021 award may apply for the Spring, 2022 award
- Submission deadline is March 31, 2022
- Completed application (on-line submission) and W-9 Form (mailed or faxed)
Please note that this benefit is taxable and should be reported on your tax return.
Mail or Fax the completed W-9 From to:
1875 Storrs Road
Storrs, CT 06268
APPLICATION DEADLINE March 31, 2022
(On-line submission of application form and Fax or postmark for W-9 Form)