Election Day is November 8th 2022
The UConn-AAUP Political Action Committee is pleased to be endorsing candidates based on their support of collective bargaining, UConn and support of CT higher education issues.
Get Informed- Be Ready- & Vote
- Check out the UConn-AAUP endorsed candidates below
- Know your state and federal legislative leaders: Find your legislator
- Check to make sure you are registered: Connecticut’s election website.
- Voter Fact Sheet has important voter information for CT including information on eligibility, registration and election day information.
- Cast a ballot!
Interested in doing More?
- Join a Campaign: If you find a local or state-wide candidate who represents your views and if it’s someone you want to see in your community, contact their office and get involved in the campaign.
- Work with others to mobilize more people to support the issues that concern you: You are impactful, and you can make a difference, but imagine what happens when you join with others? You can even grab a friend or neighbor, as well, to grow the effort.
- Volunteer at a Headquarters or Online: All candidates will have a local headquarters and they are just waiting for your time and energy. They WANT and NEED your help, both in person and remotely!
- Attend Events and Rallies: Always make sure you’re safe and lawful and attend local events in your area. There are always political talks and events going on nearby, keep an eye out for them.
UCONN-AAUP 2022 Candidate Endorsements
The UConn-AAUP Political Action Committee is pleased to be endorsing the following candidates based on their support of collective bargaining, UConn and support of CT higher education issues:
U.S. Senate: Richard Blumenthal
2nd Congressional District: Joe Courtney
Connecticut Constitutional Offices
Governor & Lt. Governor: Ned Lamont & Susan Bysiewicz
State Comptroller: Sean Scanlon
Connecticut State House of Representatives
27th Assembly District: Gary Turco (Vice-Chair Higher Education Committee)
54th Assembly District: Gregg Haddad (Member of the Higher Ed, Co-Chair of Higher Ed Subcommittee on Appropriations)
88th Assembly District: Josh Elliott (Co-Chair Higher Education Committee)
20th Assembly District: Kate Farrar (Member Higher Education Committee)
Connecticut State Senate
3rd Senate District: Saud Anwar (Member, Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee)
5th District: Derek Slap (Co-Chair Higher Education Committee)
6th District: Rick Lopes (Member Higher Education Committee)
14th Senate District: James Maroney (Member Higher Education Committee)
29th Senate District: Mae Flexer (Vice-Chair Higher Ed, Co-Chair of Higher Ed Subcommittee on Appropriations)