UCONN-AAUP 2021 EXCELLENCE AWARDS
The UConn-AAUP seeks nominations of its members for the UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards in Teaching, Research, and Service Recognition. The primary nominator must send the complete submission in a single pdf file, indicating the award category, via e-mail to Barbara Kratochvil at BarbaraK@uconnaaup.org. Special consideration will be given to those members who have addressed issues related to social justice or have responded to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The UConn-AAUP encourages updated submissions for applicants nominated within the last three years 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We are especially interested in issues related to social justice and responses to the COVID19 pandemic.
The deadline for submitting nominations to the UConn-AAUP office is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2021.
TEACHING EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Required Supporting Materials for All Teaching awards:
1) Two letters of support from UConn faculty members, including at least one with extensive knowledge of the applicant’s teaching.
2) Two letters of support from current or former UConn students (undergraduate or graduate).
3) OIR teaching evaluation data for all courses, as relevant.
4) Curriculum Vitae.
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: EARLY CAREER
Eligibility: Untenured faculty member with 3 to 6 years of service at UConn and no more than 6 years of teaching experience as a faculty member at any institution.
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: CAREER
Eligibility: Any faculty member with over 6 years teaching experience. This award recognizes classroom instruction, and advising and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
Eligibility: Any faculty member. This award recognizes new methods and curricular design.
RESEARCH EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Required Supporting Materials for all Research awards:
1) Four letters of support from faculty members with extensive knowledge of the applicant’s research, with at least one from UConn.
2) Curriculum Vitae.
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH AND CREATIVITY: EARLY CAREER
Eligibility: Untenured faculty member with 3 to 6 years of service at UConn and no more than 6 years of research or creativity experience as a faculty member at any institution. This award recognizes outstanding scholarship, which may include journal articles, conference papers, books, exhibitions of creative work, external funding, and other appropriate criteria as determined by the evaluating committee, with an emphasis on scholarship performed at UConn.
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH AND CREATIVITY: CAREER
Eligibility: Any faculty member with over 6 years of experience. This award recognizes scholarship with a national and international reputation, outstanding service in promoting scholarship at UConn, and long-term impact on UConn scholarship.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD
Required Supporting Materials for Service Excellence award:
1) Four letters of support, including at least one from a faculty member with extensive knowledge of the applicant’s UConn service.
2) Curriculum Vitae.
Eligibility: Open to all UConn-AAUP members.
This award recognizes service performed while maintaining satisfactory performance in other regular assignments (e.g., teaching and scholarly activities) such as:
- Professional service that positively impacts the citizens of the State, consistent with UConn’s land-grant mission.
- Professional service that contributes to the common good at national and/or international levels.
- Leadership in enhancing the visibility of UConn among prospective undergraduate and graduate students, thus improving enrollment and the quality of incoming students.
- Contributions promoting significant program excellence and/or improved productivity of students, staff, and faculty.
- Leadership in fostering cooperative activities within the University to enhance success in its mission.