UConn-AAUP 2022 EXCELLENCE AWARDS
On behalf of the University of Connecticut Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, we are pleased to invite you to the presentation of the 2022 UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards. These awards promote the faculty’s continued commitment to teaching and scholarship. The 2022 recipients are:
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: EARLY CAREER
- JESSICA BEAUDET, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN RESIDENCE – ALLIED HEALTH SERVICES
- M. MICK POWELL, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN RESIDENCE – WOMEN, GENDER & SEXUALITY
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: CAREER
- RHONDA BROWNBILL, LECTURER – NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES
- OSKAR HARMON, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – ECONOMICS
- SYAM NUKAVARAPU, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH & CREATIVITY: EARLY CAREER
- BIN ZOU, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – MATHEMATICS
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH & CREATIVITY: CAREER
- CARL SCHLICHTING, PROFESSOR – ECOLOGY & EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
- HARRY VAN DER HULST, PROFESSOR – LINGUISTICS
- ALAINA BRENICK, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & FAMILY SCIENCES
- TRACY RITTENHOUSE, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – NATURAL RESOURCES & THE ENVIROMENT
This year, as in the past, the UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards Committee was faced with a set of choices which were excellent in so many ways. The award recipients are extended sincere congratulations and deep appreciation from their colleagues and students for such outstanding work.
A virtual ZOOM ceremony is planned on Monday, April 25th, at 12 noon. Any and all who wish to attend are welcome. Please RSVP to BarbaraK@uconnaaup.org to receive the ZOOM link.
The recognition of faculty teaching, research, and service excellence through UConn-AAUP awards began in 1997. The intention of the awards is to showcase academic excellence at UConn.
Mary Ellen Junda, President
Michael Bailey, Executive Director