On behalf of the University of Connecticut Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, we are pleased to invite you to the presentation of the 2022 UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards. These awards promote the faculty’s continued commitment to teaching and scholarship. The 2022 recipients are:
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: EARLY CAREER
- JESSICA BEAUDET, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN RESIDENCE – ALLIED HEALTH SERVICES
- M. MICK POWELL, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN RESIDENCE – WOMEN, GENDER & SEXUALITY
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: CAREER
- RHONDA BROWNBILL, LECTURER – NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES
- OSKAR HARMON, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – ECONOMICS
- SYAM NUKAVARAPU, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH & CREATIVITY: EARLY CAREER
- BIN ZOU, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – MATHEMATICS
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH & CREATIVITY: CAREER
- CARL SCHLICHTING, PROFESSOR – ECOLOGY & EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
- HARRY VAN DER HULST, PROFESSOR – LINGUISTICS
- ALAINA BRENICK, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & FAMILY SCIENCES
- TRACY RITTENHOUSE, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – NATURAL RESOURCES & THE ENVIROMENT
This year, as in the past, the UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards Committee was faced with a set of choices which were excellent in so many ways. The award recipients are extended sincere congratulations and deep appreciation from their colleagues and students for such outstanding work.
A virtual ZOOM ceremony is planned on Monday, April 25th, at 12 noon. Any and all who wish to attend are welcome. Please RSVP to BarbaraK@uconnaaup.org to receive the ZOOM link.
The recognition of faculty teaching, research, and service excellence through UConn-AAUP awards began in 1997. The intention of the awards is to showcase academic excellence at UConn.
Mary Ellen Junda, President
Michael Bailey, Executive Director