UConn-AAUP COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund – Spring, 2021
The health, economic, and social impacts of COVID-19 continue to impact faculty and athletic personnel at UConn and to exacerbate existing social and economic inequities among UConn-AAUP members. While some have been relatively unaffected by the pandemic, others have been faced with significant challenges that show no sign of abating. Those most vulnerable tend to be women in the early stages of their careers, who, often out of necessity, have assumed more family responsibilities during this time.
Last semester UConn-AAUP organized the COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist members that have been the most impacted negatively by the virus. The funds were to provide financial assistance for the relief of extra expenses related to childcare, eldercare, housing, health care or to help off-set a COVID-related loss of income. This semester, we are offering financial support to a broader group of our members.
To prioritize support for those in greatest need, funds will be distributed on a point system based on annual salary and length of service.
|<$45,000||3||< 2 years||1|
Funds will be distributed in checks from UConn-AAUP to each faculty member. The amount provided per member will be between $300 and $500 until all funds are depleted.
(1) All UConn-AAUP members in good standing as of March 1, 2021
(2) Annual salary of less than $90,000
(3) One award per family
(4) Completed application and W-9 Form –
(5) Child care recipients are eligible for this award
(6) Members who received the Fall, 2020 award may apply for the Spring, 2021 award
(7) Submission deadline is March 31, 2021.
(Please note that this benefit is taxable and should be reported on your tax return.)
Application process, if eligible:
- Please proceed to http://uconnaaup.org/covid-19-emergency-relief-fund/ fill out the application and send;
- Mail or Fax the completed application and W-9 Form to: Barbara Kratochvil, UConn-AAUP, 1875 Storrs Rd, Storrs, CT 06268 Fax: 860-487-0341
Mary Ellen Junda, President
|Jeffrey Ogbar, Executive Vice President|
Michael Bailey, Executive Director