UConn-AAUP COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund – Spring, 2022
In Fall 2020, UConn-AAUP organized the COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist members who had been the most impacted negatively by the virus and awarded approximately $90,000 to provide some relief of extra expenses related to childcare, eldercare, housing, health care or to help off-set a COVID-related loss of income. Two years since the start of the pandemic, the health, economic, and social impacts of COVID-19 continue to impact faculty and athletic personnel at UConn and to exacerbate existing social and economic inequities among UConn-AAUP members.
Therefore, this semester we are once again offering financial support to our members. To prioritize support for those in greatest need, funds will be distributed on a point system based on annual salary and length of service.
|<$45,000||3||< 2 years||1|
Funds will be distributed in checks from UConn-AAUP to each faculty member. The amount provided per member will be between $300 and $500 until all funds are depleted.
(1) All UConn-AAUP members in good standing as of March 1, 2022
(2) Annual salary of less than $90,000
(3) One award per family
(4) Completed application and W-9 Form
(5) Child care recipients are eligible for this award
(6) Members who received the Fall, 2020 and/or the Spring, 2021 award may apply for the Spring, 2022 award
(7) Submission deadline is March 31, 2022.
(Please note that this benefit is taxable and should be reported on your tax return.)
Application process, if eligible:
- Please proceed to https://uconnaaup.org/covid-19-emergency-relief-fund/; fill out the application and send;
- Mail or Fax the completed application and W-9 Form to: Barbara Kratochvil, UConn-AAUP, 1875 Storrs Rd, Storrs, CT 06268 Fax: 860-487-0341
Mary Ellen Junda, President
|Jeffrey Ogbar, Executive Vice President|
|Michael Bailey, Executive Director|
“Like” Us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uconnaaup