UConn-AAUP Update: October 13, 2021
In this Issue:
- Call for Nominees for Executive Committee Elections – 2022–2023
- UConn-AAUP Member Meeting: 12:00 pm, October 21, 2021 via Zoom
- Wellness Seminar 2: October 18, 2021, 3:30 – 4:30 pm, (virtually)
- Work/Life Expo Booth – Thursday, October 14, 2021; 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Student Union Ballroom
Nominees for UConn-AAUP Annual Executive Committee Elections 2022-2023
UConn-AAUP Chapter invites member nominations and self-nominations to stand for election to the UConn-AAUP Executive Committee. We seek a wide diversity of UConn-AAUP members from different disciplines, points of view, and status of employment. We seek members interested in standing for officer roles (President, Executive Vice President, Vice President for Membership Development/Organizing, Secretary/Treasurer), Regional Campus Representative, and Member-at-Large seats. The term of service is for one year; for at-large members duties involve attendance at bi-weekly meetings. Please respond by January 4, 2022, to the UConn-AAUP Office at UBox-6028, phone – 860-487-0450, or email BarbaraK@uconnaaup.org.
UConn-AAUP Member Meeting
UConn-AAUP will be holding its Annual Member Meeting on Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm via Zoom. (Only dues paying members of UConn-AAUP are eligible to attend) Agenda items include:
- Negotiations Update
- Membership Update / Organizing Opportunities
- UConn Budget Issues
- Legislative Update
If you would like to become a member of UConn-AAUP follow the link here.
UConn-AAUP Wellness Seminar 2:
Student Mental Health Support for Faculty: Understanding Roles, Responses & Resources (Hosted by the AAUP & SHaW Mental Health Services)
October 18th 3:30-4:30 Presentation; 4:30-5:00 Q & A
A growing number of university students have mental health needs or receive ADA accommodations for a disability. Many faculty members feel uncertain about how to respond when issues related to mental health or disability arise with students. Others may wonder what they can do to foster a wellness-enhancing campus climate. The goal of this presentation is to help faculty understand their role, know the relevant campus resources, and gain strategies for responding to several common situations faced by faculty.
- Stephanie Milan, Associate Professor& Clinical Psychology Program Head, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Kristina Stevens, Director of Mental Health, Student Health & Wellness, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Christine Wenzel, Associate Director, Center for Students with Disabilities
UConn-AAUP will participate in the Work/Life Expo scheduled for Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm in the Student Union Ballroom. Stop by and meet you elected officers and staff members and pick up buttons, stickers and more.
|Mary Ellen Junda, President
Jeffrey Ogbar, Executive Vice President
Michael Bailey, Executive Director
|“Follow” us on Twitter: @UConnAAUP|
“Like” Us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uconnaaup
UConn-AAUP Website: http://www.uconnaaup.org/AAUP