Monday, April 24th, 12 noon.
UConn-AAUP 2023 EXCELLENCE AWARDS
On behalf of the University of Connecticut Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, we are pleased to invite you to the presentation of the 2023 UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards. These awards promote the faculty’s continued commitment to teaching and scholarship. The 2023 recipients are:
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: EARLY CAREER
- CRAIG CALVERT, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN RESIDENCE/DIRECTOR – OPERATIONS & INFORMATION MANGEMENT
- CATHERINE MATASSA, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – MARINE SCIENCES
- SUDHA SRINIVASAN, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – KINESIOLOGY
TEACHING EXCELLENCE: CAREER
- XINNIAN CHEN, PROFESSOR IN RESIDENCE – PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROBIOLOGY
- LAURA K. M. DONORFIO, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & FAMILY SCIENCES
- LISA HOLLE, CLINICAL PROFESSOR – PHARMACY PRACTICE
- KRISTINE NOWAK, PROFESSOR – COMMUNICATION
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH & CREATIVITY: EARLY CAREER
- LINNAEA OSTROFF, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROBIOLOGY
- YI ZHANG, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
- JUNBO ZHAO, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH & CREATIVITY: CAREER
- AKIKO NISHIYAMA, DEPARTMENT HEAD & PROFESSOR – PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROBIOLOGY
- REBECCA PUHL, PROFESSOR – HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & FAMILY SCIENCES
- JOHN CHANDY, DEPARTMENT HEAD & PROFESSOR – ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- STEVEN ZINN, PROFESSOR – ANIMAL SCIENCE
This year, as in the past, the UConn-AAUP Excellence Awards Committee was faced with a set of choices which were excellent in so many ways. The award recipients are extended sincere congratulations and deep appreciation from their colleagues and students for such outstanding work.
A virtual ZOOM ceremony is planned on Monday, April 24th, at 12 noon. Any and all who wish to attend are welcome. Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88562554170?pwd=ZFVoa3QvMFhKMnpMNXhSVmxqT1FqUT09
Please RSVP to BarbaraK@uconnaaup.org to receive the ZOOM link.
The recognition of faculty teaching, research, and service excellence through UConn-AAUP awards began in 1997. The intention of the awards is to showcase academic excellence at UConn.
Jeffrey Ogbar, President
Michael Bailey, Executive Director